Lucinda Williams Ramblin Rock Music CD Review

The exceptionally talented Rock artist Lucinda Williams has released her CD entitled Ramblin. I am very confident and happy to announce that I believe Lucinda Williams fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one. With the release of Ramblin Lucinda Williams's artistic excellence is on full display as Williams has once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks that could very well be her best work to date.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply isn't a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all.

These days it's a very rare CD on which every single song is good or better than the one before it. This CD is certainly one of those rare CDs.

Listen and I think you'll agree that the song choices are excellent, the production is outstanding and Lucinda Williams is clearly in top form.

While this entire album is outstanding some of my favorites are track 10 - Make Me Down A Pallet On Your Floor, track 13 - You're Gonna Need That Pure Religion, and track 14 - Satisfied Mind

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Ramblin' On My Mind. Great track!

Ramblin Release Notes:

Lucinda Williams originally released Ramblin on July 13, 1992 on the Smithsonian Folkways Recordings label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Ramblin' On My Mind 2. Me And My Chauffeur 3. Motherless Children 4. Malted Milk Blues 5. Disgusted 6. Jug Band Music 7. Stop Breakin' Down 8. Drop Down Daddy 9. Little Darling Pal Of Mine 10. Make Me Down A Pallet On Your Floor 11. Jambalaya (On The Bayou) 12. Great Speckled Bird 13. You're Gonna Need That Pure Religion 14. Satisfied Mind

Personnel: Lucinda Williams (vocals, 12-string guitar); John Grimaudo (6-string guitar). Recorded at Malaco Studios, Jackson, Mississippi in September 1978. Includes liner notes by John Morthland.